Middletown Democrats Calling

A site dealing with Middletown Township, the Democratic Party and most importantly the issues and residents of the community.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS GO

Peter Carton using the Asbury Park Press to throw a frivolous ELEC complaint against the Demcoratic Candidate this year, Patrick Short, is a campaign tactic. Maybe it's a cheap one but it's a tactic all the same.

This complaint is bogus. The reporting by Alison Herget is bogus and I plan on making that as clear as a bell through this contest.

I think Miss Herget has stepped over the line of journalism, into public relations for the Middletown Republican Club. They've been known to get friendly reporters jobs before. I'm not saying that is why Miss Herget wrote what she did, I am just saying that it has happened.

I will not allow them to slander this club or this candidate or myself through this campaign so I am not letting it go in August. If I do, every single story this Herget person writes in September and October wil lreflect the accusations and the "pending charges" with ELEC.

Well, if she writes that she better write that it is our assertion the complaint is frivolous and that I think she is a tainted reporter. I don't mind reporting with FACTS, and TWO SIDES of the story. But ONE SIDE and FALSE ALLEGATIONS are not going to fly with me and they will not fly with the Middletown Democrats.

I will be issuing another press release within a day about this. But I do not want anyone to mistake the Middletown Democratic Party's position on this issue at all. I will not see the Asbury Park Press throw ANOTHER election to the Republicans by false reporting, bad reporting or any other kind of reporting and sit idly by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home